Bugzilla Desktop Client

Fabian Deutsch fabian.deutsch at gmx.de
Sun Sep 6 15:34:05 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag, den 06.09.2009, 11:22 -0400 schrieb Dr. Diesel:

> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Fabian Deutsch
> <fabian.deutsch at gmx.de> wrote:
>         Am Sonntag, den 06.09.2009, 11:11 -0400 schrieb Dr. Diesel:
>         >
>         >
>         > On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 11:04 AM, John Reiser
>         <jreiser at bitwagon.com>
>         > wrote:
>         >         On 09/06/2009 07:52 AM, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
>         >                 Using smolt to generate and link to a
>         HW-spec-summery
>         >                 would also be a
>         >                 nice and relevant option.
>         >
>         >
>         >         Think hard about the implications for [non-]privacy,
>         legal
>         >         complications, etc.
>         >
>         >
>         > The app can always ask nicely for permission first!
>         >

>         Maybe users won't be aware of the risk or what might happen
>         with their
>         data.
>         I'd also tend to say - like John does - that linking a
>         non-anonymous
>         bugzilla account/email with a smolt profile might be
>         somewhat .. too
>         much.
>
>         fabian
>
> Is it any different than submitting a smolt profile upon install?

Yes. It is not possible to get a connection between an email-adress and
a profile within the public smolt pages.
Providing a smolt-pub_uuid in bugzilla would link email and profile.

In general a smolt profile would surely help to debug some hw related
issues, so this option might just be suggested, when this bz client,d
etects that the issue might be hardware related and also points out that
this can be a privacy concern.

fabian

fabian