Bugzilla Desktop Client

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 7 08:41:52 UTC 2009

On 09/07/2009 01:36 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Lun 7 septembre 2009 09:22, Nicu Buculei a écrit :
>
>> While there is probably a lot of room for collaboration, those tools
>> looks like having different targets, not replacements for each other:
>> one is a general bugzilla client aiming to be able to work with as many
>> ticketing systems as possible and another is intended to make bug
>> reporting easy *for Fedora*.

As I indicated, both of them use python-bugzilla and python-bugzilla
doesn't yet with "many ticketing systems".

> And many Fedora devs will ask to report the bug upstream instead, so a
> tool that only works with bugzilla.redhat.com is pretty useless

If you want, check the number of bugs reported against RH bugzilla
where the maintainer does not push the reporters themselves to report
again to upstream. I suspect you will find that a very high number.

Neverthless, if someone wants to extend python-bugzilla to work with
other bugzilla's feel free to talk to Will Woods about it.

Rahul