Evolution time format/double address book entries

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 10:01:23 UTC 2009

	Hi,

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 07:40 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> In the date field while viewing emails, it shows the time in 24 hour
> time instead of 12 hour time with am/pm.  I have went into any
> preferences and made sure the two settings that have time in them are
> correct and what I want, but no affect.  And my clock on my desktop is
> 12 hour time like it should be.

which preference did you use, please? There is a new option in 2.27.9x,
the Edit->preferences->Mail Preferences->Headers->Date and time format.
Use "%ad %I:%M %p" in a "Table column" fields, instead of the predefined
"%ad %H:%M". if wondering, it uses strftime format specifiers, plus that
"%ab", which is specific for Evolution.

> Also, and this has happened in most/all of F12 testing, is that when
> either importing an address book or doing a complete restore when
> starting evo for the first time, when you go to do a new email and click
> on the to button to find an address book, it shows them as double
> entries.  Although if you do use one, it removes both of them from the
> selection.

I didn't see this myself, do I understand it correctly that this is
doing contact doubling only once, just after import of a new address
book or after the restore? Maybe file a bug in
https://bugzilla.gnome.org and continue a discussion there (send here a
bug URL).
	Bye,
	Milan