selinux hasn't been running for over a week

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 21:55:00 UTC 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 05:42:46 pm Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> SG> What's happened in our rawhide boot sequence that cause selinux
> SG> to not be running anymore?
>
> The issue is having a separate /usr, which for some reason has recently
> become a bad thing to do.  I believe the relevant binaries are moving up
> one level (from /usr/bin to /bin, or whatever) in order to fix this
> issue.

I don't have a separate /usr partition.

And looking at the code in /usr/share/dracut/modules/d/99base/selinux-
loadpolicy.sh, it only crashes if ret = 3. What if the return code was 1
indicating a failure? How do you look at what's supposed to be in the initrd
to see if something is wrong inside it?

I opened a bz 524113 for this. But I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned on the
list before. :)

-Steve