selinux hasn't been running for over a week

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:39:48 UTC 2009

2009/9/18 Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com>:
> hi,
>
> What's happened in our rawhide boot sequence that cause selinux to not be
> running anymore? Selinux is not disabled in the grub.conf kernel line and
> sestatus shows its disabled. There is nothing in the system logs saying that
> there was a problem.

I encountered this problem as well, but don't know why. It happens
when I am trying different kernels among some recent builds (starting
from 0.104 to 1.14). I guess there is a incompatible between older
kernels and the policy; when you install a kernel while SELinux is
disabled, it may cause future problems. Do you expect SELinux to be
enabled automatically? I usually enable SELinux by doing a relabel,
then install the kernel again.

--
bbbush ^_^