Introduction to a new SIG for creation of Live DVD

Aditya Patawari aditya at adityapatawari.com
Fri Sep 18 06:34:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <
dominik at greysector.net> wrote:

> Really? Have you tried? Have you tried with some first-time user? I don't
> know
> so I'm asking.

As I said It was tried by a LUG here. Most of the users were newbies but a
few had some experience. And almost all of them found the startup menu too
confusing to handle.

> Was it specifically because there were too many applications installed
> or was it something else?

According to the feedbacks we received, there were too many tools to do the
same work. Also the menu had too many options which made it difficult to get
the best available tool.
As a newbie, instead of testing some 4-6 tools they are more interested in
getting an optimized selection at first. But after a week or two, they tend
to explore around and this is when the repositories are required.

--
Aditya Patawari
Join Live DVD SIG : https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/LiveDVD