Upload debug-like-info to Mozilla servers every update

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Sep 18 15:22:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Jan Horak <jhorak at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> we would like to cooperate with Mozilla on reporting crashes into their bug
> reporting tool (http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/). To do so it is required to
> upload debug-like-info to specified location on remote server. This task
> should be done the same time the xulrunner, firefox or thunderbird package
> is going to released. I would like to know if there is some way to do it
> right now or if there is any way how can I participate. For further
> reference the details of how it is done is located here:

We could do that, but a more ideal world would be where our ABRT
system can give them as useful and reliable data as their usage of
breakpad on Windows and OS X does.  There are multiple components
here, the biggest of which is that we need to avoid requiring a
Bugzilla account for crash submissions, and we need to make it about
one click.   Once we have the data reliably, Mozilla could pull
crashes from our system into theirs, say a cron job which just does:
wget http://crashes.fedoraproject.org/package/mozilla/20091018.tar.gz

And Fedora really needs an equivalent UI to crash-stats.mozilla.com
but that's another topic.