selinux hasn't been running for over a week

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Sep 18 16:39:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:03:05PM -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Thursday 17 September 2009 05:29:02 pm Steve Grubb wrote:
> > If selinux is not disabled and it does not become permissive or enforcing,
> >  it  has to get logged and optionally shutdown the system.
> >
> > Aside from no logging, any ideas why selinux no longer works?
>
> A few minutes ago, I updated to the new dracut in rawhide & then I updated
> everything else which updated the kernel and presumably build a new initrd.
> Now, with the new dracut there is some logging which helps diagnose the
> problem:
>
> dracut: Loading SELinux policy
> dracut: SELinux: Could not load policy file
> /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.24: Invalid argument
> dracut: /sbin/load_policy: Can't load policy: Invalid argument
>
> So...where does this lead us?

  When updating through yum today I saw something about wrong
module for ModemManager or NetworkManager. I haven't written down
exact message, but I hope that helps.
  And yes, dracut message is not helping at all. Maybe "dmesg"
output carry more info and should be displayed also?

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia