Audio broken in F11

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Sun Sep 20 16:25:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, 20.09.09 11:01, Mark Bidewell (mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu) wrote:

> I haven't seen any bugs relating to this.  but it appears audio is
> broken in F11.  When I attempt to play any files the pulseaudio
> control shows activity but no sound.  Has anyone else seen this?

Very likely this is caused by one of these two reasons:

Most likely your mixer is not set up correctly. Try if "alsactl init
-c0" and see if that helps. If it doesn't try "alsamixer -c0" in a
terminal and see if you can find an option you have to toggle to make
sound work. If you find one please file a bug so that we can include
it in the default mixer database. Include the output of "alsa-info.sh
--no-upload" there. File it against alsa-utils.

Other than that it might be that the HDA driver doesn't recognize your
specific card. You should play around with the "model" argument to
snd-hda-intel if this is the problem.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net