current live CD builds entirely broken

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 18:41:19 UTC 2009

As reported by Jesse Keating and me, currently live CD builds - since
20090918, 20090917 was the last working one - appear to be entirely
broken. Boot fails with 'no root device found', booting from CD or USB.
This will be a problem for the beta test compose that's coming up in a
couple of days. I'll file a bug if there isn't one already, but wanted
to get notice out there quick. Anyone know what broke on 20090918? There
was a new dracut and a new kernel that day, dracut looks like the most
likely culprit. Changelog was:

dracut-002-1.fc12
-----------------
* Thu Sep 17 2009 Harald Hoyer <harald at redhat.com> 002-1
- version 002
- set correct PATH
- workaround for broken mdmon implementation

* Wed Sep 16 2009 Harald Hoyer <harald at redhat.com> 001-11
- generate dracut-version during rpm build time

* Wed Sep 16 2009 Harald Hoyer <harald at redhat.com> 001-12
- removed lvm/mdraid/dmraid lock files
- add missing ifname= files

* Tue Sep 15 2009 Harald Hoyer <harald at redhat.com> 001-10
- add ifname= argument for persistent netdev names
- new /initqueue-finished to check if the main loop can be left
- copy mdadm.conf if --mdadmconf set or mdadmconf in dracut.conf

nightly builds are at
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/ , if you
wish to confirm the breakage.

--