All Features Need to be 100% by Beta Freeze (2009-09-29)

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 20:19:11 UTC 2009

Greetings Feature People,

If all goes as planned the Beta (previously known as "Final
Development") Freeze will start this coming Tuesday, September 29, 2009.

Beta Freeze, defined here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Beta_Freeze_Policy means that all
features and their associated feature pages must be at 100% completion
by this date.  The following features are currently not 100% complete
and need to be by Tuesday, September 29, 2009.  In many cases it appears
they are just 1% away :-)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DisplayPort
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/FCoE
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraStudio
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GFS2ClusteredSamba
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome2.28
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_Huge_Page_Backed_Memory
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/liblvm
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/LowerProcessCapabilities
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MoreNetworkManagerMobileBroadband
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PolicyKitOne
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraMoblin
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NFSv4Default
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackageKitBrowserPlugin
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemTapEclipseGUI
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemtapTracingRefresh
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Thusnelda
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VolumeControlContinued
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XI2
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F12X86Support

We understand that software is never 100% complete, however given the
wide audience that refers to the feature pages it doesn't make sense to
advertise something that isn't present.

Please make one last update to your feature page to make it reflect
everything that is complete for Fedora 12.  Incomplete functionality
should be removed or clearly labeled as scheduled for a future release
so that what is advertised for being in Fedora 12 is 100% present and
complete.

I will raise feature pages not at 100% at FESCo's meeting on October 2,
2009.  Hopefully my job will be easy and there there won't be any :-)

Thanks,
John

p.s. All feature owners have been blind copied on this message.