yum-presto not on by default

Alex Hudson fedora at alexhudson.com
Wed Sep 23 22:35:22 UTC 2009

On 23/09/09 17:00, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 10:23 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>
>>> ...but to me this is all a _problem_in_xz_, not presto/deltarpms. If
>>> nobody can fix xz before F12 GA then IMNSO we should revert the
>>> compression to something that works
>> agreed.
>>
> Dropping xz at this point would mean another full mass rebuild.  Do-able
> but needs to happen very very soon.

I'd be interested in trying to "fix" xz (I disagree entirely that this
is an xz bug; it's a bug in the assumptions of those whose used it for
the wrong purpose), but presumably it means rebuilding packages built on
certain arches anyway - and if that's not easy to determine, does that
imply a rebuild anyway?

Cheers

Alex.