Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:55:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 06:21:35PM -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:

> On 09/29/2009 06:13 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 17:52 -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:
> >> I thought today was the dead line...
> >>
> >> http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/372823-all-features-need-100-beta-freeze-2009-09-29-a.html
> >
> > I should mention that Beta is the deadline to have the code in what we
> > think is the final state, baring any glaring bugs, not a point to enable
> > experimental code/settings for further experimentation.
> This is in the final state... its been a 18 month effort to get this
> accepted by upstream...
>
> At the end of the day, I was just following the rules that were deemed by
> that email and a number of earlier ones... I'm a bit dumbfound...

I think that what we need, Steve, is some sort of information about
what testing has happened up to this point that satisfies FESCo that
this change the equivalent of moving the needle from 99% complete to
100% complete, as opposed to moving from 90% complete to 91% complete
(with testing being the last 9%).