Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Tue Sep 29 23:35:09 UTC 2009

On 09/29/2009 07:16 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 07:12:03PM -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:

>>> I think that what we need, Steve, is some sort of information about
>>> what testing has happened up to this point that satisfies FESCo that
>>> this change the equivalent of moving the needle from 99% complete to
>>> 100% complete, as opposed to moving from 90% complete to 91% complete
>>> (with testing being the last 9%).
>>>
>> Not a problem... I want to and will work closely with FESCo to make
>> sure we know all the ins and outs of this change... believe me my
>> slate is cleared for few weeks to be as responsive as possible
>> for this new feature... In the end this will be a good thing...
> [...snip...]
>
> I want to be perfectly clear that I'm not sounding an "all clear" on
> this by any means.  If your answer here means that this change hasn't
> been thoroughly tested, you're going to have a hard time convincing
> anyone that it should be turning over on Beta freeze day.

By no means did I interpret that at all... but here lies the
problem... I had no idea I would  have to convenience *anybody*
of *anything* because I thought I made the dead line... again all
following was the schedule in:
        http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/372823-all-features-need-100-beta-freeze-2009-09-29-a.html

And Today I am %100 finished... Please point out which part of that
did I misinterpret, because the last thing I want to do is cause problems...

steved.