Thunderbird 3.0pre?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 11:15:19 UTC 2009

On 09/30/2009 05:28 AM, drago01 wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Mail Lists<lists at sapience.com>  wrote:
>> On 09/29/2009 11:20 AM, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>>

>>> Tweaking the following pref: mailnews.database.global.indexer.enabled =
>>> false
>>>
>>> Should work around the problem for now.
>>>

>>   Is that any different than turning it off in
>> Preferences->General->Enable Global Search and Indexer
>>
>>   ?
>
> no

In my experience the indexer isn't what causes the 100% CPU lockups.
Synchronization of each folder seems to be the cause.  If I turn off
synchronization in Properties of all folders the 100% CPU lockups seem
to go away entirely for me.

Right-click on each folder, Properties, Synchronization, uncheck Select
this folder for offline use.

The indexer is annoying and I turned it off because after crunching away
for hours it had indexed only 5% of my mail.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com