Fedora 13 Beta Slip 1 week

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 07:46:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Despite a heroic effort by developers and testers, we have not been able
> to reach Beta release criteria by the time of the Go / No Go meeting.
> There are still unresolved bugs and unknown test results.  Because of
> this we've enacted a 1 week slip of the Beta release date.  This does
> not mean we will be pulling in a bunch of "nice to have" updates, we
> will instead be concentrating only on release blocking issues in order
> to produce an RC that achieves Beta release criteria.  Promotion of
> builds into "stable" for F13 will continue to be extremely targeted
> until an RC goes "GOLD".

I fully agree with not pushing things to stable unless they go towards
stabilising the beta but can we please resume pushes to testing. At
the moment there has been no pushes to testing and not having this for
another week massively eats into the ability of people to test other
not so critical parts of the upcoming release. I'm aware of at least
the final gnome and sugar releases that are awaiting in the wings.

Peter