Packages requiring numpy may require a rebuild in f13 and rawhide

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 2 07:03:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 22:48 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Thomas Spura
> <spurath at students.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> > Are you sure, packages like gnuplot-py *have* to get rebuild?
> > Your first programm that causes troubles 'python-basemap' is not noarch.
> > A compiled programm needs a rebuild, but a programm with just python
> > files in it?
>
> Apologies, see the revised list I posted later as a follow-up that
> does a better job of finding the things that buildrequire numpy.  The
> first list was admittedly a rough cut.

A Python package BuildRequiring numpy does not need to mean anything.
All of my packages on the list BuildRequires numpy simply because the
install scripts have a dummy check in them for checking that all
necessary runtime modules are installed.. so AFAIK nothing is compiled
against numpy.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor