Packages requiring numpy may require a rebuild in f13 and rawhide

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Apr 2 19:30:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 10:39:33AM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> It looks like we may be reverting back to 1.3 regardless...if numpy
> upstream does not have an expected re-release date for 1.4.  Is numpy
> it critpath for the Beta? I'm looking for input on whether we should
> revert asap to make sure numpy 1.3 is in the Beta.

Presumably, whatever resolution is taken is going to follow compatibility
with 1.3 -- whether it's called 1.4.1 or whatever. That'll make 1.4.0 itself
a dead branch with no upgrade path without _more_ breakage.

So I think revert is the best call unless a 1.4.1 comes out, like, now.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>