i386-class support changed in F-13?

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Mon Apr 5 12:48:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

I was trying to install i686 variant of F-13 to an Alix board (2D13 with
Geode LX) and got into troubles. The kernel boots fine, but when it
should start initramfs the kernel panics. Everything works well when
using complete F-12 environment and when using F-12 kernel+initramfs
with F-13 rootfs the initramfs stuff runs well, but when I try to
manually chroot into the F-13 from the dracut shell I get an "Invalid
instruction" exception. I though last change in x86 CPU support was in
F-12 (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F12X86Support) and it
explicitly talks about Geode LX as still supported. So the question is
whether F-13 should still work on Geode LX?

Dan