Fedora 12: Make Dell machines boot again

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Mon Apr 5 14:28:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 10:48:39PM +0200, Felix Schwarz wrote:

> since the last stable kernel update in Fedora 12, a lot of Dell machines
> do not boot anymore due to a kernel oops... Of course bugzilla has a
> couple of bug reports (e.g. #578217, #579118, #578663, #578590).
>
> There is a known fix/workaround which is already present in CVS
> (kernel-2.6.32.10-94.fc12) and a koji build which fixes the issue for
> all users. However there's no update in bodhi yet.
>
> Due to the severity of the problem, I'd like to see a push to
> updates-testing as soon as possible.

Thanks, Felix.  I have created the update.

Since I created the problem for the b44 people in kernel -90, I
wanted to be sure to get some positive test reports before pushing
the -94 update.  I apologize for the extended delay over the weekend!

John
--
John W. Linville		Linux should be at the core
linville at redhat.com			of your literate lifestyle.