non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Apr 6 13:56:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 20:10 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> it seems like thomasvs became unresponsive. I have filed a bug asking
> about python-twisted update [1] on 6th of February. It was then duped by
> a similar bug [2] on 23rd of March. I have also emailed Thomas on 26th
> of March. None of the queries met any response. Should I initiate the
> non-responsive maintainer process?

Hi Julian,

I'm still around, but a direct mail to me is the easiest way to get my
attention (as I suspect is the case for most developers).  I saw you did
two weeks ago asking about an update, but that's a different beast then
marking me as unresponsive :)

I think in general it would be good that when people want to initiate
the non-responsive maintainer process, they first of all mail the person
involved saying so.

For practical reasons contacting me over IRC doesn't always work since
I'm on three different machines regularly, and I only check bugzilla
stuff once a month relying on getting a mail or poke if something is
critical.

As for the issue at hand, Twisted is a complex beast to upgrade and
validate, so I sure could use help there! I see in the bug report you
made a list of current dependendants, we could divide them up and verify
them ?

Thomas

--
I'm alive.