Hibernation causing many crashes; get a rid of it

stefan riemens fgfs.stefan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:07:14 UTC 2010

Just to let you know: I hardly ever do a real shutdown, always
suspending and hibernating... Works like a charm here (even running
virtual machines in VirtualBox survive a suspend-resume of the host...
Go figure!)
So I wouldn't call it useless, although restore from hibernate takes
quite some time with the ever-increasing amount of memory modern
machines ship with...
Stefan