non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 18:53:10 UTC 2010

W dniu 06.04.2010 15:56, Thomas Vander Stichele pisze:
> On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 20:10 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> it seems like thomasvs became unresponsive. I have filed a bug asking
>> about python-twisted update [1] on 6th of February. It was then duped by
>> a similar bug [2] on 23rd of March. I have also emailed Thomas on 26th
>> of March. None of the queries met any response. Should I initiate the
>> non-responsive maintainer process?
>
> Hi Julian,
>
> I'm still around, but a direct mail to me is the easiest way to get my
> attention (as I suspect is the case for most developers).  I saw you did
> two weeks ago asking about an update, but that's a different beast then
> marking me as unresponsive :)
>
> I think in general it would be good that when people want to initiate
> the non-responsive maintainer process, they first of all mail the person
> involved saying so.
>
> For practical reasons contacting me over IRC doesn't always work since
> I'm on three different machines regularly, and I only check bugzilla
> stuff once a month relying on getting a mail or poke if something is
> critical.
>
> As for the issue at hand, Twisted is a complex beast to upgrade and
> validate, so I sure could use help there! I see in the bug report you
> made a list of current dependendants, we could divide them up and verify
> them ?
>
> Thomas

Sorry if I acted to quickly, but the lack of response to my email made
me afraid that you might be gone.
Anyway, when it comes to the update, I'm happy to help. The total number
of downstream packages dependent on twisted is 33. Should we expect
breakage? Were there any API changes in twisted?
I think we could start by dividing the list of the packages fifty-fifty,
and check if they work at all. Then, I think it would be a good idea to
bring maintainers into the loop since they actually know what the
packages are supposed to do. The cleaned-up list follows below:

buildbot-0:0.7.12-1.fc12.noarch
cnucnu-0:0-0.3.20100110.fc12.noarch
desktopcouch-0:0.6.3-3.fc12.noarch
elisa-base-0:0.5.35-2.fc12.noarch
elisa-plugins-bad-0:0.5.35-2.fc12.noarch
elisa-plugins-ugly-0:0.5.35-1.fc11.noarch
entertainer-0:0.4.2-7.fc12.noarch
flumotion-0:0.6.1-1.fc12.x86_64
gadget-0:0.0.3-4.fc12.noarch
itaka-0:0.2.2-1.fc12.noarch
jabbim-0:0.5-0.12.svn20091030.fc12.noarch
londonlaw-0:0.2.1-7.fc12.noarch
nwsserver-0:2.0.0-1.fc12.noarch
openxcap-0:1.1.2-1.fc12.noarch
orbited-0:0.7.10-3.fc12.noarch
poker-network-0:1.7.3-3.fc12.noarch
postr-0:0.12.3-8.fc12.x86_64
pyicq-t-0:0.8.1.5-5.fc12.noarch
pyjigdo-0:0.4.0.1-2.fc12.noarch
python-Coherence-0:0.6.4-1.fc12.noarch
python-desktopcouch-0:0.6.3-3.fc12.noarch
python-foolscap-0:0.4.2-3.fc12.noarch
python-gnutls-0:1.1.9-1.fc12.x86_64
python-morbid-0:0.8.7.3-1.fc12.noarch
python-nevow-0:0.9.32-3.fc12.noarch
python-pyrad-0:1.1-3.fc12.noarch
python-sippy-0:1.0.1-1.fc12.noarch
python-wokkel-0:0.6.3-1.fc12.noarch
pyutil-0:1.6.1-4.fc12.noarch
pywbem-0:0.7.0-3.fc12.noarch
rhythmbox-upnp-0:0.12.5-8.fc12.x86_64
supybot-0:0.83.4.1-2.fc12.noarch
telepathy-sunshine-0:0.1.6-1.fc12.noarch

Julian