nouveau rebase for future kernels

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Apr 8 17:03:40 UTC 2010

Folks,

This may have come up already (and I don't mean upstream :) ) but am
interested to know what the plans are in F12 wrt. nouveau updates. Is
there a plan to eventually rebase the kernel to 2.6.34? (and with it,
requiring a non-backwards compatible update to xorg-x11-drv-nouveau?)

If there is not, is there any way (other than building them manually) of
getting an X driver that can work with more recent kernels in F12? I am
not personally a fan of rebasing so I think I would rather deal with
having to rebuild the X driver myself, but in my perfect world maybe
someone has done this already and can share.

Jon.