PolicyKit-authentication-agents in Fedora

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 8 17:36:32 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 08.04.2010, 12:50 -0400 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 18:05 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>

> > Does this all sound reasonable? Did I miss something?
>
> There are a few complications here: currently, both gnome-session and
> gdm explicitly require polkit-gnome. gdm has to require it explicitly,
> since it needs to install a separate desktop file
> in /usr/share/gdm/autostart/LoginWindow/ which launches it.
>
> Or maybe, with OnlyShowIn, it won't hurt.

Thanks for the heads-up Matthias, but I don't think this should become a
problem.
      * The file in /usr/share/gdm/autostart/... will only affect gdm,
        no need for OnlyShowIn there.
      * Having gnome-session depend on polkit-gnome explicitly is a good
        thing: One core part of each desktop should explicitly require
        the agent of that particular desktop in order to prevent yum
        pulling in another agent.

Just for the record: I don't mind polkit-gnome being the 'default'
agent, as long as it doesn't have any additional dependencies. And I'm
afraid that lxpolkit will be pulled in anyway due to it's name.

Matthias, do you or David have any plans for additional dependencies of
polkit-gnome?

Regards,
Christoph