Macbook Pro 13.3" (5,5) Fedora 12 notes

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Apr 8 18:10:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 19:44 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:

> > [...]
> > Again, this mail wasn't meant as a criticism. It was intended for Google
> > to index so that someone else who is hitting their head against a wall
> > trying to get an F12 system that works today on that hardware can do so.
> > I'm all about not having hacky kludges in the longer term, but I am
> > personally willing to make a hacky kludge if it works today. For
> > example, if my mouse doesn't support drag and drop I am inclined to get
> > so frustrated with it that I won't run Fedora on the laptop at all - or
> > throw the laptop out of the window, which was the other option :)
>
> Well but filling bugs and get the issues fixed will result into people
> not having to google for solutions at all ;)

There's a lag time between these things. Problems don't get fixed
instantly (not a criticism) but others who want to install a given
system will decide very quickly not to bother if Google returns no
useful results when things don't work out of the box. Hence both are
appropriate - the answer is not always "file a bug" without mention.

Jon.