PolicyKit-authentication-agents in Fedora

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 8 18:19:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, Christoph Wickert wrote:

>>>      3. lxpolkit will be pulled in anyway due to the shortest name.
>>
>> That's not a useful decision rationale.
>
> I never said it is a useful decision rationale, it's something we cannot
> avoid. I agree it's not useful, but please address your complainants to
> the yum developers.
>
> Let me repeat what I already said in my previous mail: I don't mind
> polkit-gnome as default agent, but
>      * I'm afraid that yum will choose lxpolkit
>      * I'm afraid polkit-gnome will have more deps in the future
>      * we cannot yet use OnlyShowIn=LXDE

I'm all ears - tell me another way of how we should know that of 3 items
one should be chosen over the others?

We've got lots of criteria we use to score up/down pkgs in
compare_providers in yum. It's not just length of pkg name.

But at the end of the day, it is possible that length of pkg name could be
the deciding variable.

Would you rather we pull one at random?

-sv