Macbook Pro 13.3" (5,5) Fedora 12 notes

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Apr 8 21:30:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 09:12 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> In case this helps anyone else setting up a Macbook Pro 13.3 model 5,5.

There are bugs filed for most of these. As an update, I booted rawhide
on the system to acquire some more data points. Things were largely the
same except suspend/resume without VT switch works fine, but conversely
there's some weirdness with the sound driver resulting in no sound (for
which I will collate some data before blindly filing a bug on that).

The issue with gnome-panel didn't go away per se, but after following
Ray's advice in unsetting all panel attributes and killing it a few
times I was eventually able to make two new panels and populate them
from scratch so that they look as they did before.

Jon.