gtkmm24 updates to F13 (was Re: What are the rules for which package we build against in F-13)

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Thu Apr 8 21:55:34 UTC 2010

On 04/08/2010 08:36 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 19:07 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
>> How can the simple process of pushing builds to an unrelease Fedora
>> involves dealing with rel-eng tickets ? That's just unmanageable.
>
> Because we're beyond the state of just "throw it over the wall and hope
> it sticks".  We branched and are attempting to polish and bugfix the
> work previously done.  We're using peers to verify fixes and prevent
> regressions.  This stage of development is very much not "free for all",
> that's what rawhide is for.  Your time for sweeping features has past.

I'm not talking about sweeping features here. This is the gnome release.
The gtkmm stack follows the Gnome release, i.e. a bunch of packages that
go from unstable to stable release and need to be updated and tested all
at once, and it always happens during the beta stage since Fedora
schedule more or less follows the Gnome major releases.

You clearly didn't give this much thought. Anyways, this is no longer my
problem.

-denis