Bodhi allows resubmitting an update with different packages?!

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Apr 9 23:20:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 07:10:59PM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> The log of the following update shows that it was submitted five times,
> I assume with newer packages each time:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/NetworkManager-0.8.0-6.git20100408.fc12,ModemManager-0.3-9.git20100409.fc12
>
> The top of the page now shows the newest package versions, but much of
> the feedback referred to older versions, which are not listed.  IMO,
> this is a terribly confusing practice and Bodhi shouldn't allow it.  New
> packages should be submitted in a new update so that feedback remains
> associated with the correct package versions.
>
> Thoughts?  Am I missing something?

There are nine bugs mentioned in the update. Do you really suggest that
the update submitter should always manually copy them from an old update
to a new update?

But it would be nice if Bodhi would support to create a new update using
an old update as a template, then editing the builds attached to an
update would probably not be needed.

Regards
Till