Bodhi allows resubmitting an update with different packages?!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 00:10:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net> wrote:
> The comparison to bugs is not valid.  A bug is the same bug until it is
> fixed.  An update consisting of different packages is a different
> update.

What? We don't tag testing-updates with an ID.  Testing packages...are
implicitly in flux...there's no intention to provide an audit trail
via a mechanism like our ID nomenclature that tags a collection of
packages as an identifiable update when the packages are in testing.

I think your overly narrowing the flexibility inherent in the testing
process with your attempt to define a testing updating they way you
just did.

-jef