Heads up! Erlang package becomes modularized in Fedora.

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 05:59:09 UTC 2010

2010/4/10 Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org>:

>> Also I'm sure that we need to push this
>> change into both F-12
>
> I object to this on general principle.  Pushing sweeping changes to
> infrastructure packages is not what stable updates are for.

This update is fully API/ABI compatible with previous monolithic
package and smoothly upgradeable from previous version, so I don't see
any problems here from user's point of view. From the packager's side
- every package, depending on erlang, will remain working.

To be honest, I also pursuing my own goals, when insisting on pushing
this update to F-12, since my primary working machines (on which I do
most part of Fedora-related tasks) are powerpc-based, and F-13 for
PowerPC still doesn't exist.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.