problem with koji build of my package, doesn't occur on local mock build

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Sun Apr 11 08:40:07 UTC 2010

I'm trying to get a the AS cross-assembler (aka "asl") packaged for
Fedora, and I've run up against a problem.  I'm developing on an x86_64
F-12 system, and I can build the package properly for both x86_64 and
i686 F-12 using mock on my local machine.  However, when I submit my
SRPM for a scratch build on koji for either F-12 or F-13, the x86_64
build fails.

The asl build process builds a tool called "rescomp" that is used to
convert message files into a different format.  rescomp is then run
during the build process, but rescomp itself is not packaged since it is
only an intermediate part of the build.  When the x86_64 build fails on
koji, rescomp gives an error message when processing as.res.  This does
not happen on my own system.

I added a patch to rescomp to get a backtrace when the error occurs, but
I'm not getting symbols in the backtrace, so the backtrace alone is not
sufficient.  Is there any way I can obtain a copy of the rescomp
executable built on the koji server to run under gdb on my own system?

I'd also like other people to try building my SRPM with mock on other
systems, to see if anyone can replicate the problem.  The spec and SRPM
are available at:
    http://fedorapeople.org/~brouhaha/asl/

Thanks!
Eric