libproxy addition to comps for F-13

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 22:28:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to discuss the possibility to add the patch described in this
report in comps for F-13 and later.
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/3565

The basic idea is to make libproxy default installed plugins more in shape
with the actual set of installed packages for a given system.
That, so application using libproxy will discover or receive the proxy
configuration automatically as soon as they use system settings.

As I agree that this change appears rather late in the Fedora process, and
libproxy is indeed in the crithpath for updates (why actually?!),
I would give an opportunity to discuss this more widely.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libproxy-0.3.1-4.fc13

So the other question is : Is there any problem in adding this change to
comps for F-13 ?
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/attachment/ticket/3565/adds-libproxy2comps.patch

As a record, on a default install and without this change: libproxy is
pointless.
But If one want to use libproxy, he will have to figure out which packages
to install manually. This patch assume a reasonable default, so having
libproxy installed just make sense.

Thx for advices.

Nicolas (kwizart)