potentially unmaintained packages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:24:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:01:01 -0700, Adam wrote:

> It seems to me that Seth quite carefully wrote his email specifically to
> forestall replies of this kind. Apparently it wasn't enough...

Of course not. The subject says "potentially unmaintained packages".
The message makes a fuss about it, even mentions scenarios like retiring
packages. What it doesn't comment on is that despite missing rebuilds,
a package may still be maintained both in Fedora and upstream. It doesn't
mention other potentially unmaintained packages which are missing on
the list because they have seen rebuilds (even if just for spec
modifications), but which are dead upstream and unmaintained in Fedora.