devkit-power-daemon broken?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:40:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 13:32 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 14 April 2010 19:02, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > AFAIK none of these are generic bugs. Handling AC plug/unplug is
> > actually not as simple as it seems, and can vary from device to device
> > (or, rather, ACPI implementation to ACPI implementation). So this is to
> > a degree system-specific.
>
> It's totally system specific. I'm clearing bugs (and adding
> workarounds) as fast as I can, but if you really want a bug fixed
> "ASAP" you've essentially got two options:
>
> * Pay someone for a support contract to diagnose and fix the bug (if
> you pay Red Hat, I'll probably be me) -- this means it jumps my TODO
> list by an order of magnitude.
> * Find the bug and write a tiny patch to fix it, and send it to me
>
> I've only got 24 hours in a day, just like everybody else.
>
> Richard.

That's really not what I meant. I really appreciate the work you're
putting into it. Thank you :)

I've got no idea of how this stuff works. If you could give some
references etc., I could at least begin to learn something on this and
*maybe* be able to write a patch someday (highly unlikely though :| )

Thanks
--
regards,
Ankur