gcc 4.5 released

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Apr 15 20:20:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 17:07:55 -0300,
  Filipe Rosset <rosset.filipe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/15/2010 04:34 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> > What is plan to introduce gcc 4.5 into fedora?
> >

> F-14?

I think he was expecting a bit more to a plan than just a release target.
Are we going to do a mass rebuild? If so, when?
How are we going to deal with FTBFS packages? (We already have a backlog
from the DSO linking that needs to be cleared.)
Is there some QA process to find packages that build successfully, but end
up broken?
Who is going to be doing what work?
What happens if we find something bad part way through and want to revert?
For initial testing of the plan there will probably need to be a separate
repo for this so that rawhide doesn't get totally broken.

Pretty much this is all stuff that should be on a feature page. If the
target is going to be to complete this by f14, someone really should be
working on the feature page now.