Best way to customize Fedora

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Apr 17 17:31:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 11:12 -0500, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2010, at 17:11, João Neto wrote:
>
> > I wonder if this really is the best method to customize a LiveCD or if
> > there is another way!
> > My interest is not only to create or remove packages, but some system
> > settings too!
>
> There is a much easier way:  Revisor.
>
> http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/

Or the slightly more dirty-hands method, livecd-creator and your own
kickstart file. 'man livecd-creator' will tell you how to use the tool,
and you can get the official Fedora kickstart files by checking out:

git://git.fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts

and poke around there to see how they work.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey