Gnome Games Clutter/OpenGL issues

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:28:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Mark Bidewell <mbidewel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been dealing with this issue in the context of Ubuntu Lucid,
> however since it can be reproduced under F13 Beta I thought it would
> be wise to raise it here.  In some cases, gnome-games do not properly
> fall back to software rendering and fail to start.  This bug happens
> reliably with KVM and VirtualBox but has been reported on real HW.
> The bugs are:

Yep i ran into this as well, when I was forced to fall back to the
vesa driver (long story..not important)  Once I moved to a driver with
accelerated graphics support problem went away.

If my experience is right, anyone should be able to reproduce this on
any hardware by using the vesa driver and turning off modesetting.  I
just haven't gotten around to filing it against Fedora Beta
yet...sorry

-jef