spin kickstart/minimization cleanups

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 14:48:31 UTC 2010

Peter Robinson (pbrobinson at gmail.com) said:
> > Honestly, I could see exploding it into a variety of smaller, more focused
> > groups. Perhaps I'll whip up a proposal based on some comps files I have
> > lying around here.
>
> I've spent a little time looking at the hardware side of things and
> done a basic patch for some of the hardware stuff based on the current
> rawhide comps file. I've broken it down into network/server/misc for
> the time being and pushed the print stuff over to its group. More can
> be done as it was a quick look through. The old hardware-support
> currently includes all the other groups so there's no real change for
> current builds overall.

Splitting it by functionality makes a bit more sense; for example,
you'd want a 'smart card support', not just merging it in with other
hardware stuff.

(Sorry I've let this lie... been way too busy.)

Also, I'm not sure the grouplist construct works as you're trying
to use it.

> I also noticed that alot of the filesystems group lists are replicated
> into base. I think base should have the core ext related tools to boot
> a default Fedora and the other stuff like ntfs should just remain in
> the filesystems group.

Actually, anaconda will pull in the ones you use for formatting if
needed.

Bill