Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Apr 22 20:27:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Felix Schwarz
<felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu> wrote:

> I'm concerned about bz 579023 [1] which is a Thunderbird crasher bug.
> This bug was fixed upstream [2] for about 3-4 weeks. I ran a thunderbird
> koji  build version [3] with an adapted version of that patch since then
> without any problems. Other users confirmed that this patch fixes their
> problems as well.
>
> The Fedora bug has a number of duplicates with quite some number of cc'd
> users so I guess a lot of people experiencing these crashes.

And probably a lot of people aren't.

> However it is still not fixed in Thunderbird F-12 CVS. Can you please
> push the fix to CVS and push builds to testing/stable?

Why isn't Mozilla releasing a new version that contains the fix?

And even if the Fedora Thunderbird maintainer decides to push a
patched package to F-12, there's no way it should be pushed directly
to stable.

--
Jeff Ollie