Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Apr 23 07:18:34 UTC 2010

On 04/23/2010 09:03 AM, Martin Stransky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're patching mozilla packages only for really critical issues because
> of mozilla trademarks. We can't put any patch we want to the mozilla
> package and ship it as 'Firefox' or 'Thunderbird'.

Thanks for providing evidence of how trademarks are being applied to
void the benefits of "open source".

The obvious logical consequences of what you say would be
* either to remove the packages you are referring to from Fedora because
they are effectively unmaintainable.

* or to remove the trademarks and re-brand the packages.

/me ducks and hides for cover.

Ralf