ABRT duplicate detection

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sat Apr 24 08:37:33 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was just wondering: How mature is ABRTs duplicate detection?

You might all know the MS "search for a solution to this problem" window
popping up after an application crashes. I've never seen it doing
something usefull, though. But if ABRT could detect duplicate crashes
one could use this to display a workaround or even propose an update via
packagekit. All we'd need to do would be to tag (or maybe link from, if
a wiki would be better) an bugzilla entry as containing either a
workaround or a fix. ABRT could then display the solution just after the
crash happened. Great, wouldn't it be?

comments?

Christoph