Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Apr 25 17:45:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 13:37:11 -0400,
  Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 10:08 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> > I don't see how using Mozilla trademarks provides significant benefit
> > to Fedora. It seems to mostly benefit Mozilla. I don't see why we should
> > be breaking our rules to help them.
>

> I think you are grossly misjudging the relative visibility and
> importance of the Firefox and Fedora brands... nobody knows what Fedora
> is, while most computer users will have at least heard about Firefox.

Yeah, but "most computer users" isn't relevant. The question is about what
is relevant to Fedora users. Changing the name of Firefox will have little
affect on them since it is installed as the default web browser. Being able
to fix bugs in a timely manner on the other hand, is going to have a
significant affect on them.