Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Apr 26 08:36:12 UTC 2010

On 04/25/2010 07:37 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 10:08 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>> I don't see how using Mozilla trademarks provides significant benefit
>> to Fedora. It seems to mostly benefit Mozilla. I don't see why we should
>> be breaking our rules to help them.
>

> I think you are grossly misjudging the relative visibility and
> importance of the Firefox and Fedora brands... nobody knows what Fedora
> is, while most computer users will have at least heard about Firefox.

Does this justify Fedora throwing the principles of "Free SW" over board?

IMO, *no* - it's time to spread the world about Mozilla's trademark
policy violating the prinicples of Free SW and Fedora's Mozilla being
hostage of it.

In other words, if Fedora hasn't already entirely abandoned the original
motivations and foundations it once was based on, it's time for Fedora
to very serously reconsider their attitude on Mozilla packages.

Ralf