Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:09:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/26/2010 02:11 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Well, may-be FESCO should decide upon on whether the FSF's
>> "freedom 3" [1] is a inclusion/exclusion criterion for packages in Fedora.
>>
>> Ralf
>>
>> [1] http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
>>

> It is (except for firmware) but before you wave it around,  you will do
> well to ask FSF whether the Mozilla trademark guidelines violate it.  My
> understanding is that, they don't consider it a violation and yes, I
> have actually asked them.
>
> Rahul

May I ask whether anyone has the same crash occurring with Thunderbird
3.1b2?   I have been running the nightlies for that version for months
without any problem - is the crash only occurring with version 3.0.x?
Rather than planning on breaking away from Mozilla perhaps when TB
releases 3.1 the issue will become a non-issue?

Just a thought!

--
mike c