Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:23:16 UTC 2010

On 04/26/2010 07:44 PM, Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> It's not up to maintainer to decide whether to provide non-free
> package in Fedora. And I don't see why we need to ask FESCo for
> resolution of this (clearly visible for almost everyone) violation of
> our guidelines.

Mozilla has some restrictive trademark guidelines but it nevertheless
Free software w.rt to copyright licensing (triple licensing with GPL,
LGPL and MPL) and is fully compliant with Fedora licensing guidelines.
It does violate Fedora packaging guidelines but FESCo is authorized to
give exceptions and decide on policy matters and I have filed it at

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/369

Rahul