Some Ideas About Fedora 14 Media

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 13:04:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 17:28 +0800, Liang Suilong wrote:
> Tnank you for your reply.
>

> As you say, kickstart command can filter installation language. But
> the problem is lacking a easy way to switch to another language which
> is not installed in the system.
>

> Once I tried to install Fedora 13 Broffice.org Spin on my desktop.
> Switching to English is an easy job, nevertheless, Switching to
> Simplified Chinese is quite hard. Now I do not know how to make GNOME
> become Chinese interface. Should I reinstall entire GNOME? I have
> installed Chinese-support group.

It should be possible to hack up a script that replaces the stripped
language files (Mandriva had such a script floating about, back when I
was there, for its language-stripped live images). Not saying I can do
this, just that it ought to be possible I think :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey