non-responsive maintainer: thomasvs

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 20:37:24 UTC 2010

W dniu 09.04.2010 11:42, Thomas Vander Stichele pisze:
> Hi,
>
>> Anyway, when it comes to the update, I'm happy to help. The total number
>> of downstream packages dependent on twisted is 33. Should we expect
>> breakage? Were there any API changes in twisted?
>
> Twisted in general is really good about keeping API, but they do
> deprecate stuff.  When they do so they typically make it clear with
> DeprecationWarning's.  I think it's mostly just a matter of testing the
> applications using it by someone who knows the application.
>
> Just to be clear, we want to do this for F-13 only, right ? Or are you
> thinking about upgrading F-12 too ?
>
>> I think we could start by dividing the list of the packages fifty-fifty,
>> and check if they work at all.
>
> Do you have newly built twisted packages ?
>
>>  Then, I think it would be a good idea to
>> bring maintainers into the loop since they actually know what the
>> packages are supposed to do. The cleaned-up list follows below:
>
>> desktopcouch-0:0.6.3-3.fc12.noarch
>
> I didn't know this was in already; I'm going to assume they're based on
> my packages from a few months ago but I'll check.
>
>> elisa-base-0:0.5.35-2.fc12.noarch
>> elisa-plugins-bad-0:0.5.35-2.fc12.noarch
>> elisa-plugins-ugly-0:0.5.35-1.fc11.noarch
>
> I can check these.
>
>> flumotion-0:0.6.1-1.fc12.x86_64
>
> This is mine, I'll take this.
>
>> python-desktopcouch-0:0.6.3-3.fc12.noarch
>
> Same as desktopcouch above.
>
>> python-nevow-0:0.9.32-3.fc12.noarch
>
> nevow is another library - not sure if anything else depends on nevow.
>
> Thomas

Sorry it took so long, but my PhD is very good at keeping me busy.
Anyway, I have now updated all packages to 10.0.0. All 9 build, 3 (core,
conch and words) required some minor tweaks apart from updating version
and release fields.
How do we proceed from here? I would suggest building for F-13 testing,
and then asking maintainers of dependent packages (by mass mail or
bugzilla) to test if their package is still working as expected. What do
you think?

Julian