gpsd update

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 13:43:55 UTC 2010

I'd like to update the gpsd package to the latest version 2.94. If
there will be no objections, probably sometimes next week.

Unfortunately, there were non-trivial API changes since version 2.39
that break most of the dependent packages. The first version with the
new API (2.90) was released more than a year ago, so I think the
upstreams had enough time to make necessary changes and we shouldn't
wait any longer.

Packages that currently use libgps.so.18:

qtgpsc-0:0.2.3-6.fc12
kdebase-workspace-0:4.4.2-5.fc14
vfrnav-0:0.4-1.fc13
gpsdrive-0:2.10-0.5.pre7.fc13
kdeedu-marble-libs-0:4.4.2-1.fc14
vifir-0:0.4-1.fc12
viking-0:0.9.9-1.fc12

Here is a gpsd srpm in case anyone wants to start preparing patches

http://fedorapeople.org/~mlichvar/tmp/gpsd-2.94-1.fc14.src.rpm

--
Miroslav Lichvar